Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Waiting . . .

A few more items have found their way, namely an adjustable stem, grips and a few bike specific tools, but still nothing that can be installed.  Tomorrow, the grease should arrive, allowing me to try out my DIY headset press, similar to this one:


The good news came in the form of a tracking number from Bike24.com in Germany.  That shipment includes the tires, brake sets, rack, lights, chain, saddle, and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

... but the best news of the day, also from Germany, is my wheel builds have been completed.  The builder, Radsport-Erdmann, decided to take pictures of the wheels for marketing purposes before shipping them out, and sent me copies.  These are my actual wheels.




The front wheel has a SON 28 dynamo hub and the rear wheel a Rohloff Speedhub.

3 comments:

  1. Todd,

    What was the price to your doorstep for the wheelset, Son28, Rohloff, labor, and shipping? Was delivery by DHL?

    PM to sidehack{at}gmail{dot}com if you prefer.

    Thanks!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this post was 5 years ago, but I am also interested in getting custom wheels built for a Soma Wolverine from Radsport-Erdmann and shipped to the states and was wondering if you could help me answer a couple questions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can email me at mitchellsberger{at}gmail{dot}com if you are still reading these. Thanks!

      Delete