Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mudguards. Do I Wanna Curana?

Fenders weren't something included in the planning of this bike.  I don't need them.  Okay, I don't "need" the bike for that matter, but I live where it rarely rains so I have very little utilitarian use for fenders.  Should I start touring often, then maybe they would come in handy.  Aesthetically, fenders (or mudguards as the Brits say) would fit right in given my penchant for a more European-style bike..

When it came time to order the main components, I still hadn't settled the fender decision nor given it much attention.  Bike24 offered the Curana C-Lite fenders I would get (if I decided to get any) for about $30 with no additional shipping, so I added them to the order just in case.  Stock pic from the Curana website:



Now that I have them, do I install them?

With the headlight sitting in a box, tail light wire to run, and wheels & crankset on the way, mudguards will continue to suck hind teat when it comes to priority. For now, they will go on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment